Ukrainian Independence Day Parade and Festival, Parma
August 21 @ 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Come represent our Central Ohio Ukrainian community at the annual Ukrainian Independence Day Parade in the City of Parma Ukrainian Village. This year’s event will be particularly memorable as it will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Ukraine’s independence.
Please note the following:
- Be prepared to leave Columbus no later than 8 am on Saturday morning. It is a 2-hour drive from Columbus to Parma.
- We assemble at 10:00 am at the Ukrainian Credit Union (6108 State Road, Parma 44134). Parade marshals wearing blue-and-yellow sashes will help assemble the groups. Line-up begins at 10:30 am.
- You can park in the St. Josaphat Cathedral parking lot (5720 State Road), the end-point of the parade and site of the Festival, and either walk down or carpool to the Credit Union.
- The parade starts at 11:00 am at the Credit Union and continues north on State Road past Snow Road and ends at Ukrainian Heritage Park, across the street from St. Josaphat Cathedral.
- We will have a sign for UCAO. If you are coming from Athens, Dayton, Troy, or Cincinnati, please have a sign for your city. We want to show that there are Ukrainians in all reaches of Ohio!
- Please wear a vyshyvanka and bring your children!
At the conclusion of the parade and formal part of the celebration, everyone is invited to the festival outdoors on the grounds of St. Josaphat Cathedral and inside their “Astrodome,” where there will be Ukrainian food, beer, art vendors, and entertainment both Saturday and Sunday.+
City of Parma and the United Ukrainian Organizations of Ohio–Ukrainian Village Committee
UCAO Late Summer Picnic
September 4 @ 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Christine Charyton and John Elliott have once again generously offered to host our picnic on the grounds of their Veselka Farms. Hans Blank, our inimitable grill master, will be preparing kovbasky; we ask that you bring dishes to share with everyone or, if you prefer, just with your family (it’s still COVID days). And please bring your own beverages and utensils.
44151 Mink St., SW